- 150g self raising flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 25g butter, cut into cubes
- 30ml milk
- 1 egg
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar tomato passata
- 1 packet mozzarella cheese, grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat oven to 180c/gas mark 5.
- Place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub in the butter and flour together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Beat the milk and egg together and pour into the dry mixture, mix together to form a dough, add a little more milk if the mix is too dry and a little more flour if too wet.
- Split the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece of dough to form equal sized circles.
- Grease a baking tray and transfer the dough circles to the baking tray before you put the toppings on. They’re harder to move once you have the toppings on.
- Spread a tablespoon of tomato passata on each pizza base and put your choice of toppings on top, finishing off with the grated mozarella cheese.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, Aga- roasting oven, middle shelf for 10-15 minutes.